Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sister Of Hall House

Not much progress to report - too busy makin' money for the summer projects. Here are two angles of the house two blocks over almost identical to the Hall house. The basic structures are the same, but it is lacking in a few details. The added porch roof is missing, the basement door is on the side under the main stairs inside, the foyer window seat is raised to make a bay window with a large sill instead of a seat, the design of the main front dormer is different and the side is standard shake instead of the staggered pattern on the Hall house. I got to go inside when it was for sale and the wood work is more traditional where the Hall house is much more arts & crafts influenced. Also the inside is watered down with less builder accessories as I guess you call them - no foyer fireplace or closet, no wrap around seat in the dining room. But it does have a nice 3 pane stained/leaded glass window on the landing above the ledge instead of the diamond window I have under the ledge. I would trade for this option - it is really nice. I also like the arch better outside on the top of the house than the angles one I have. I still was able to answer some questions going through it for basic trim work questions and it did lead to the discovery of the door between the two front bedrooms - which I still would probably not know about if I hadn't seen it here.



sister house




Hall house


sister house


Hall house



Oh.... the sewer line is FINALLY clear, and I didn't have to call anyone - whew, that was close! I now have a new appreciation for drywall sanding, at least for a little while...

1 comment:

Greg said...

Glad the sewer line is clear. I have a few sister houses. None are exactly the same. One has a very similar footprint, but lacks some of the detail, and then 2 others are not that similar but have an identical stained glass window, which is a somewhat unique in design. There is I think a 12 year span for all 3 houses being built.