Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Rounding Turn Two

In my mudding lap around the first floor, I was now making my way through the foyer and staircase - by far the most challenging on the course. This would be a good lesson for mudding corners and angles cause there's plenty of 'em. Once again I used mesh tape for all the seems.



1st coat of mud

Where the fireplace brick meets the drywall along the sides, there was a wedged cavity that had to be filled in make a single vertical corner here. To built up this cavity I first used QuickCrete to give a good solid base and fill the void. Next I continued the build up with some quick setting plaster. Once it was close I finished off with some spackle to form the finished corner in line with the seems above the fireplace where drywall meets drywall.


No comments: