Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Another Drywall Post...

Just like these drywall posts, it seemed like the drywall work would never end...

The basement staircase was gutted and drywalled:

Next, the butler stairs got the drywall treatment, note the window to replace existing block glass that will get colored and/or frosted panes once installed:

Finally I worked my way up to the upstairs hall, check out the original doorbell I acquired:

Next post it will be back to the kitchen adventure. As for the present drywall spackling progress - I'm on bucket number 6, and probably sanded five off! You'll just have to wait and see as I get posts up to current projects.
Update on the fire... apparently house had been sold and the new owner was in the middle of converting back to a single (sounds familiar). How unfortunate when the place was this close to making a comeback, but this gives more hope of a rebuild than if it was a landlord.

Delaware County Times article:

Early-morning blaze rips through Ridley Park home

By Barbara Ormsby, Times Correspondent

RIDLEY PARK - Firefighters had to battle both flames and the brutal cold during the rescue of the owner of a house at 32 W. Sellers Ave. shortly after 4 a.m. Monday.
Borough police chief Tom Byrne said Cpl. Mark Bascelli was on routine patrol when he saw smoke coming from the second floor of a house belonging to Todd Bower.
Bascelli knocked on the door of the house and when no one answered, broke in the door and found Bower, 45, asleep on the first floor. Byrne said Bascelli was able to get Bower out of the house, which was heavily damaged. There is no estimate of the damage and the fire is under investigation. Byrne said the house was in the process of being reconverted from apartments back to a single-family house. "I got there at 4:30 and it (the fire) was ripping," Byrne said.The police chief said one borough firefighter was taken to Taylor Hospital for treatment."Assistant chief Tom Eckenrode suffered from exhaustion after he got back to the firehouse and was taken to the hospital," Byrne said.Byrne said Chester Pike, between Sellers and Swarthmore avenues, was shut down for three hours, right through the morning rush hour. "We not only had the trouble with the fire, but with the ice," Byrne said. According to Byrne, assisting fire companies were Prospect Park, Tinicum, Chester Township canteen, Brookhaven and Holmes.

No comments: