Monday, August 2, 2010

Canning Biz

Of course when I'm in the middle of two big projects is when the garden starts going crazy.... guess I asked for it! The last two years I just blanched and froze extra crops, but you're really limited to what you can do. So this year I bit the bullet and tried canning. Ended up not being that hard at all, a little time consuming, but easier than I thought. So my first try was dill pickles. After that went well I took my first big batch of roma tomatoes and did salsa. Another big batch cukes came in so I wanted to do more dills, but somebody bought the wrong seasoning pack, so ended up making bread & butter slices.





From the looks of things there's more where that came from!

2 comments:

LeighC said...

The garden looks great! And so do the other projects! I have not made pickles in 6-7(?) years. Keep up the good work.

Larry said...

Those look great! Feel free to send them to me. ;)