Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Still Avoiding Sanding

I've been finding every possible job to tackle in the powder room taht doesn't involve sanding the walls - pretty sad for such a small room! But I'm about to the point where I just need to get it over with. The trimwork is all but complete now except for casing which is yet to be made. The caps for the wainscotting is finished, just a simple piece with a bead routered. The sill for the window is in place....same bead detail.



I went ahead and installed the metal crown for the tin ceiling too. To give myself a nailer and added support for these flimsy pieces, I ripped some square stock and installed on the wall and ceiling where the crown sits. This worked out really well.
On the corners, the first piece goes flat and then you have to trace out the profile cut for the other side to meet it. It made up a respectable corner.





Not much else getting done these days on the house while catching up on working my wood pile for the winter - about 2 cords left to split.

No comments: