Sunday, February 27, 2011

Three Doors Down

No, not the band... that's how many doors have been constructed and installed on the 2nd floor. I already went into how I make a prehung door assembly using a salvaged door when I did the kitchen, so I won't go into detail again about that. The only difference here is with 5 doors being so close together in a hallway, making sure that I match up the door heights and other details as best I can is critical. An inch difference in height or a lockset that was installed much lower than another door would stand out much more here. So all these issues were considered when I picked a set of 5 doors to make these particular door assemblies. So far, so good...


These doors will still need to be stripped and prepped for painting. Meanwhile I'm prepping for an appraisal for a refi... fingers crossed. I was supposed to get a streamlined refi which didn't need one, but long story short it didn't pan out and Bank of America will never see my business again after they are paid off! Outage season came early this year at work, so super busy with work for the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll get another door or two done in that time..... oh and it's almost time to start the veggies for the garden!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Went through the same thing with Bank of America - luckily the appraisal person for us was very good and we got appraised well. Good luck!