I'm at the point now where it's time to get all the appliances installed permanently in the kitchen. The stove is finished and ready for service, so next up was the dishwasher. Other than having to change out the valve I installed, the dishwasher went in without a problem and is hooked up. I finished running the circuits for the dishwasher and the microwave/toaster oven, so now these are all in service!
An upgrade I made from my earlier plan was adding a garbage disposal to the sink. Originally this was going to be an open bottom sink. The plumbing I installed is all chrome plated instead of PVC since I figured it would show and of course a disposal would be out of the question. Then I built the base for the sink... so now a disposal was a no-brainer. I ran a circuit under the sink and installed a GFI/switch combo in a box to plug the disposal in. The GFI outlet is wired through the switch, so you have to open the cabinet door and turn on the switch to operate the disposal. Due to the construction of the wall and the windows, adding a wall switch at this point is just not an option. I won't be using it too often so the hidden switch won't be that much of an inconvenience.
The floors are finally cleaned up of glue residue using mineral spirits. Then they were mopped with a cleaning solution and finally several coats of a buffless wax finish. Time to touch up the baseboard painting, finish the butcherblock waxing, and decide on a fridge. I better get started on the kitchen table refinish too! Oh, and it's outage season again at work, so not much time for house projects for a few weeks.