I installed a 2x3 along the wall and between the rafter tails to have as a nailer for the soffit. I wish the crown was a little less wavy, but the original was too that I removed so that's how it originally was... and there ain't much I can do about it at this point without tearing into the roof. And once again - it look great from the ground!
The demo work finished
Crown fascia added and soffit started
Check out the corner too - first one is finished. Not too bad for my first try. I'll have four more to do (yep - there's an extra one). Next is to strip and clean up the window trim. I don't think these windows will be getting replaced till next year. Except for maybe the kitchen one if I can get the upstairs kitchen demoed before winter and return the window to original size. Then it'll be caulking and second coat everything before moving on to the next side of the house.