Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kitchen Stove Upgrade

When I first bought the house one of the first purchases was a 1936 Magic Chef gas stove for the kitchen. From there ended up going for a full retro 1930's kitchen. However the oven in this was kinda small and having to light with matches would get old.

So made a slight upgrade and found an early 1950's Magic Chef electric stove. This baby came from it's original home and everything still works. Has plenty of gadgets, including one burner that doubles as a deep well pot. The oven is larger and probably more accurate on temp as well. It's in great shape and even came with the original manual. So even though a little newer than the first plan - it's still plenty retro and will fit in great with the kitchen plan and be a bit more user friendly.





4 comments:

jeannie said...

oooh! What happened to the gas Magic Chef?

I had a gas Magic Chef in a vintage condo which I adored.

Mike said...

It's got a date with EBAY....

Preston's Thicket said...

While doing research on antique/vintage stoves, I came across your picture of your 1950's stove and realized it is the exact same stove I have in a guest cottage that I was going to have the appliance guy haul away. Now I want to advertise it on Craigslist! Is $150 a fair price to ask for? thanks in advance.

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.