Saturday, October 23, 2010

Floor Is Finally Done!

It was a long week of working, Subaru buying, and even ghost hunting at Fort Delaware... but I managed to get the floor finished. I'm still trying to get the glue off my hands though! It looks really nice. There's some spots where the tile joints aren't as smooth as I would like. But considering the mess I started out with and combining three different floors into one room, I can't complain too much. The toe moulding is installed too, so next is caulking and some final paint for that. Then I can go about cleaning up the glue residue with mineral spirits and start to apply the wax coat.





Tomorrow I bring in the restored O'Keefe & Merritt....

1 comment:

Kathy from NJ said...

It's absolutely beautiful, the color is perfect.

Thanks for the info on stove location - I re-looked at the pictures and see the gas pipe coming up from the floor.